What is the Pastoral Residency at Creekside?
The Creekside Pastoral Residency is a two-year mentoring program designed to train and equip the next generation of pastors. Believing the local church is the hope of the world, Creekside seeks to provide aspiring church leaders at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School a healthy church environment to learn, grow, and practice ministry after completing their degree. The Pastoral Residency is a paid position with full benefits that provides a wide-range of potential ministry opportunities suited to each resident’s gifts, abilities, and eventual ministry focus, with multiple opportunities for mentorship available.
Who is Creekside?
Creekside is an Evangelical Free Church located in Gainesville, FL. For nearly 50 years, Creekside has been a church devoted to the teaching of the Scriptures. We are on mission together to love God and others, grow in Christ and community, and reach our neighbors and the nations. Creekside’s vision statement, entitled The Profile of a Maturing Believer, outlines the attributes we hope to see come about in members of our church.
What is expected of a pastoral resident at Creekside?
Pastoral residents will be male MDiv graduates who demonstrate a commitment to following Christ, ministry leadership ability, a heart for serving the local church, and academic excellence. Those selected for Creekside’s Pastoral Residency receive a partial scholarship for their final year at TEDS and commit to moving to Gainesville, FL, upon completion of their degree, where they will serve at Creekside as a pastoral resident for two years.
I’m interested. What are my next steps?
Complete the application process (outlined below). Applications are to be submitted by August 1 in the summer prior to the student’s final year. For those selected to continue the application process, September interviews will be scheduled on campus at TEDS. A finalist will be scheduled for a second interview in Gainesville later that semester. Final decisions will be made and communicated the end of the fall semester. If you have additional questions, please contact or call (352) 378-1800.
In addition to your résumé, please create a document, not to exceed five single-spaced pages in length, with information outlined in the “Application Details” section below, and email it to . Submission deadline is August 1, 2017.
We require two recommendations to accompany the application. Please coordinate with a professor at TEDS and your pastor – either in Chicago or at your home church. Have them complete the online reference form. The reference is due by August 1, 2017.
We will communicate with all applicants no later than August 15, 2017. We will coordinate with all applicants selected for an interview to set up a one-hour interview on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 on campus at TEDS.
Finalists will be invited to a second interview at Creekside in November 2017. Pastoral resident will be selected December 2017.
Please create a document no more than 5 single-spaced pages with the following information.
- Your Name
- Spouse’s Name & Children’s Names (if applicable)
- Phone Number(s)
- Preferred Email Contact
- Current GPA in the MDiv program
- Anticipated Graduation Date from Trinity
- If selected as a finalist, would you be available for an interview on September 13, 2017? If yes, what times would NOT work for you?
- List your educational background.
- Tell us about any awards you have received throughout your educational experience.
- List your work experience.
- In what ways have you or are you currently demonstrating leadership?
- How would you describe your strengths and weaknesses?
- Tell us about your journey of faith.
- How have you been involved in your local church – past and present?
- What is something you have learned recently from the Word of God?
- What has God been teaching you lately?
- Read any good books lately (other than the Bible)? Tell us about one or two of them.
- What do you like to do for fun?
- What is your current area of focus in the MDiv program?
- Tell us about your sense of calling. Where and how do you sense God is directing you to serve Him after graduation from Trinity?