We all know that the best relationships come with commitment and clear expectations. At Creekside, membership is the step of an individual committing to the church and agreeing to a set of clear expectations for that commitment - both of the individual and of the church.
Who can become a member at Creekside?
Membership is open to anyone who confesses faith in Jesus as Lord and Savior and surrenders to Him as such. Anyone with faith in Jesus is invited to take the following three steps to become a member at Creekside:
What can a member expect of the elders and pastors at Creekside?
Membership is not a one-way contract. Members can justifiably expect certain things from the elders and pastors who have been called to lead Creekside. There are six expectations members should have of elders and pastors at Creekside.
- Modeling what it means to love God and others.
- Shepherding under the guidance of the Good Shepherd.
- Care in every season of life, especially times of crisis.
- Correction of wandering doctrine or conduct.
- Protection from false doctrine of those who wish us ill.
- Prayer for the congregation, its members, and the advance of the kingdom in Gainesville.
What is expected of a member at Creekside?
We are all sinners under God’s grace. This means that Creekside looks for its members to fulfill these expectations with priority, not perfection. There are six expectations of any member at Creekside:
- Gather with your Creekside family at Sunday morning worship and in a One Another Group.
- Deepen your relationship with God and your fellowship with believers.
- Invite others, both to knowing Christ and to gathering at church.
- Serve those in the church and in the community.
- Give joyfully of your time, talent, and treasure to Creekside.
- Submit to the elders and pastors of Creekside, who are in turn submitted to Christ.